Tomatoes are not only a great tasting produce but also hold many nutritional values making them a fantastic addition to your diet. Some of the nutritional benefits of tomatoes are:
- Fat and cholesterol free.
- Fibre which helps the digestive system.
- Vitamin C & A which helps absorb iron and contributes to the health of your skin, hair, bones and teeth.
- A great source of Lycopene which is a powerful antioxidant that scientists believe helps both men and women against the battle against cancers such as prostate, cervical and breast cancer to name a few.
- Vitamin B and potassium which helps in the development of muscle tissue and control high blood pressure.
- Vitamin E which can help protect against heart diseases.
- Folate which is an essential vitamin during pregnancy in the prevention of birth defects along with helping to protect against osteoporosis and anaemia.